Teams need to live, fully function and even thrive in the virtual/online space. Not sharing the same physical space with each other is not an acceptable reason for teams to not collaborate, team build, communicate smoothly and/or manage conflict in an open, healthy way. This workshop helps online teams to get better and more deeply acquainted as well as to collectively decide the kind of team they want and/or need to be. It then gives the team’s members a chance to even practice the behaviors that will make the biggest impact on the team and effective functioning.
- Have a number of deep-dive discussions with colleagues to learn more about their lives and interests—and share more about your own.
- Discuss and decide where your team both does and wants to live on a continuum bounded by control and collaboration.
- Discuss and derive specific, behavioral goals for this online team to develop and practice.
- Engage in an online team challenge to practice these targeted team behaviors.
- Derive an action plan to develop better team-supportive behaviors.