Become certified in this award-winning simulation. The Paper Planes simulation allows groups of employees to learn the value of redesigning how they work, internalizing those insights and bringing them back to their jobs. Though it may seem like a game at first, participants quickly become engrossed in the 4-6 hour simulation. As they move from small disconnected groups to one team, cultural norms are exposed, barriers to change are revealed and managers start to internalize the value of engagement, collaboration and team work.
How It Works
In the Paper Planes simulation participants play the roles of employees in an aircraft manufacturing company — assembler, inspector, tester and so forth. Teams have an opportunity to sell as many planes as they can make that meet specific visual and performance quality standards defined by the customer.
During the simulation, teams go through three production runs. After each, the group meets to evaluate their efforts measured by production cost, quality, customer satisfaction, delivery time and worker satisfaction. After evaluating the production run, workers can redesign the process. Along the way, customer interventions complicate the work redesign and the production process.
Level 3 Change Management Simulation
Number of participants: 12-30
Time required to run: 4-6 hours
Languages available: English, Japanese and Portuguese
Paper Planes Participants:
- Gain a firsthand understanding of how engagement and collaboration improve key organizational outcomes, including cost, quality, customer experience and employee satisfaction.
- Learn how to work together across functional boundaries and help individuals “own” their work, becoming more invested in team and organizational success.
- Break down barriers to organizational success and team-based change while reinforcing the power of teamwork and communication.
OKA’s blended learning certification process can be completed quickly and remotely in three steps:
- Register. An OKA Consultant will connect with you via email to begin the certification process.
- Learn online with interactive modules.
- Receive one-on-one coaching with an OKA Master Trainer on the best way to use the tool.
With certification you receive:
- Up to ninety minutes of individual coaching from an OKA Master Trainer
- OKA Support tools
- Access to Exclusive Normative Reporting
- Downloadable Facilitator Guide
- Downloadable PowerPoint slides
- Online Training Modules
- Access to Online Assessment Center
- 3.5 SHRM PDCs