Leadership is the intentional use of power with people toward some desired end. So how do you—any of us—do that? How do you effectively lead? Emotional Intelligence (EQ) provides an easily accessed and practiced skillset that can be nicely applied to leadership.
This introduction to leadership and EQ, an OKA exclusive delivered online, is a fast-paced overview of both leadership and Emotional Intelligence that emphasizes specific tips and techniques that any participant—whether a current or aspiring leader—can put to use immediately.
- Gain improved self-awareness and self- management skills from the EQ-i (Emotional Intelligence assessment)
- Discover the behavioral elements of the EQ-i model of Emotional Intelligence and how each element can support leadership
- Brainstorm activities and exercises that flex and practice these identified EQ behaviors
- Receive and learn to use an OKA-authored Leadership and Emotional Intelligence handout as a best practice learning guide
- Develop immediate actions and personal action plans to develop selected EQ elements